Get the Body You Want.
Whether it’s the stubborn fat that you can’t get rid of by diet and exercise or problem areas after pregnancy and childbirth, treatment with liposuction or “liposculpting” may be an option. Liposuction uses small cannulas to remove unwanted fat from areas of the body. The results work best for those with good skin tone who have localized areas of fat. The board-certified plastic surgeons at Plastic Surgery of Westchester have helped hundreds of men and women using this technique by removing fat and artistically contouring these problems areas. A natural, contoured appearance is the result!
Liposuction can address almost any area of the body, including the chin, arms, abdomen, hips, back or thighs. We use both standard liposuction as well as laser-assisted liposuction techniques to tackle these individual areas. Liposuction can also be an adjunct to other procedures, such as a “tummy-tuck” or a Brazilian Butt Lift. The surgeons at Plastic Surgery of Westchester can help you decide on the best procedures and appropriate timing for your procedures.
What to Expect
- The surgeons at Plastic Surgery of Westchester are going to ensure that you are medically-optimized prior to undergoing liposuction.
- You should be at a stable weight for a minimum of 3 months prior to surgery.
- Please give your surgeons a list of your medications and insight into any pre-existing medical conditions (don’t forget about a history of heart or lung problems, autoimmune diseases, wound healing problems, blood clots, or bleeding disorders).
- Vitamins and anti-inflammatory medications (such as aspirin, Motrin, Advil, Naprosyn, and Aleve, etc.) should be discontinued no less than 1 week prior to surgery.
- We hope that you don’t smoke! Please refrain from any nicotine or tobacco use (including patches, gum and vapor cigarettes) for no less than 4 weeks prior and 4 weeks after your surgery. Remember, any history of smoking can increase your risk for certain complications, such as wound healing problems and infection.
- Most patients find immediate satisfaction after liposuction; however, there is a period of swelling which dissipates over a few weeks. The time for healing varies among patients, but the average patient benefits from 3 to 7 days of dedicated recovery.
- At the time of surgery a surgical compression garment will be placed which you should wear for approximately 8 to 12 weeks to help reduce the swelling and assist in contouring.
- When you are better healed, your surgeon will recommend massage and scar care techniques to keep your results looking fabulous!
- As always, please bring a list of your questions and concerns to your pre-operative visits. It is important for your surgeon to understand your expectations and goals in order to guide you through the best treatment possible.
Call us today at (914) 771-7373 for a FREE Liposuction consultation!
Our board certified plastic surgeons are happy to assist you with your specific questions and concerns.
Facilities & Hospital Affiliations
Our surgeons have hospital privileges at Montefiore Medical Center, Jacobi Medical Center, Westchester Medical Center, Montefiore New Rochelle and New York Presbyterian Lawrence Hospital. They also perform procedures in their fully accredited operating room in Harrison, NY.
Our state of the art facility is professionally designed and decorated for your comfort. We are always interested to know if there is anything we can do to enhance your experience. We appreciate your suggestions and pledge to work as a team to make your time here a rewarding experience.
- Montefiore Medical Center
- Jacobi Medical Center
- Westchester Medical Center
- Montefiore New Rochelle
- New York Presbyterian Lawrence Hospital
Accreditation and Associations
We maintain an AAAASF accredited surgical suite, equipped like a hospital operating room with the privacy and ease of an office setting, offering full general anesthesia for more complex procedures as well as sedation and local anesthesia for other procedures. We enjoy a strong relationship with some of the finest hospitals in the area, offering overnight and extended post-operative stays if medically advisable. This is ideal for our out of town patients, those with little post-operative help, or those desiring a more private recovery. We can also arrange your stay at a variety of hotels within minutes of our facility and arrange an overnight “sitter” if desired.
Schedule your Liposuction Consultation
Please contact us with any questions or if you would like to setup a time for a one-on-one consultation with one of our surgeons.