Tighten Up Loose Skin with Renuvion® / J Plasma
Imagine removing unwanted fat, contouring your body, and tightening loose skin all in one, minimally-invasive procedure! Plastic Surgery of Westchester is pleased to offer our exclusive Ultra Body Contouring package—power-assisted liposuction with Renuvion® for skin tightening—to deliver maximum results without the need for long incisions or a lengthy healing process.
In combination with liposuction, we add Renuvion® Cosmetic Technology (also known as “J Plasma”) for skin tightening. Renuvion® is an FDA-approved medical device that has been used in surgery for many years. Helium plasma is delivered through the end of a cannula-like device—similar to a liposuction cannula—to create heat energy that tightens the fibroseptal network under the skin’s surface. This energy quickly heats and then cools the tissue, encouraging immediate contraction of the fibroseptal network and stimulating a process of neocollagenesis. In many patients, immediate results (tightening of loose skin) are seen on the operating table and will continue for up to one year thereafter (i.e., the length of time for new collagen to form). Renuvion / J Plasma is a safe and highly effective technology that is a great addition to our minimally-invasive body contouring practice.
*Results may vary
Ultra Body Contouring Before & After
What is Renuvion?
Renuvion cosmetic technology is the result of extensive scientific research and clinical development. Because of its proprietary balance of helium and RF energy, Renuvion has been described as ideal for medical procedures where precision and control are key to an effective treatment. Since it was discovered to have a distinct tissue contraction effect due to its unique ability to provide controlled heat to the tissue, Renuvion has been embraced by Plastic Surgeons, Facial Plastic Surgeons and physicians specializing in cosmetic surgery. These experts in their fields are calling it one of the most exciting advancements they’ve seen in the last 20 years.
How Renuvion Works
Renuvion delivers even, controlled energy with exceptional precision. Doctors use this novel technology to apply energy beneath the skin, causing a contraction effect that’s gentle on tissue. The effect of the treatment may continue to improve over time and doctors often report that the contraction effect is noticeable immediately after the procedure.
Good To Know
- Renuvion is used in a minimally-invasive procedure using small entry points.
- Your doctor may perform the procedure while you are awake and comfortable with just a local anesthetic, or you may be asleep if your doctor thinks that’s necessary.
- Renuvion is a tool that physicians use to get results with lower risk and recovery time than with more invasive surgery.
What to Expect
Ultra Body Contouring Pre-operative:
- The surgeons at Plastic Surgery of Westchester are going to ensure that you are medically-optimized prior to undergoing this procedure.
- You should be at a stable weight for a minimum of 3 months prior to surgery.
- Please give your surgeons a list of your medications and insight into any pre-existing medical conditions (don’t forget about a history of heart or lung problems, autoimmune diseases, wound healing problems, blood clots, or bleeding disorders).
- Vitamins and anti-inflammatory medications (such as aspirin, Motrin, Advil, Naprosyn, and Aleve, etc.) should be discontinued no less than 1 week prior to surgery.
- Remember, any history of smoking can increase your risk for certain complications, such as wound healing problems and infection.
Ultra Body Contouring Post-operative:
- Most patients find immediate satisfaction after this procedure; however, there is a period of swelling which dissipates over a few weeks. The time for healing varies among patients, but the average patient benefits from 3 to 7 days of dedicated recovery.
- At the time of surgery a surgical compression garment will be placed which you should wear for approximately 8 to 12 weeks to help reduce the swelling and assist in contouring. Final results from Ultra Body Contouring can take up to 6 to 12 months to appreciate (i.e., the time for full results from skin contraction).
- When you are better healed, your surgeon will recommend massage and scar care techniques to keep your results looking fabulous!
- As always, please bring a list of your questions and concerns to your pre-operative visits. It is important for your surgeon to understand your expectations and goals in order to guide you through the best treatment possible.
Ultra Body Contouring FAQs
Yes! Almost everyone can benefit from the combination of Renuvion® and liposuction. The risks, benefits, and expectations should be discussed with your surgeon. Be sure to disclose your complete health and medical history, with special attention to any skin conditions, prior surgeries, and issues that may affect healing (such as autoimmune disorders, bleeding disorders, or difficulty with poor healing in the past) as he/she will be able to counsel you on whether this is the best treatment for your goals.
Depending on the area(s) to be treated, the procedure is performed under general anesthesia in our fully-accredited AAAASF operating suite. Power-assisted liposuction is performed under sterile conditions using the tumescent technique. The Renuvion® treatment is then performed after fat removal by using a small caliber cannula to deliver plasma energy in several layers beneath the skin’s surface. The procedure requires small, discreet, access incisions that will be sutured closed and steriley dressed.
The recovery process will be very similar to that of liposuction alone. Most commonly, you will have some bruising, swelling, numbness, and / or pain which improves over the first several days to week. In the days immediately after the procedure, you may also notice a “crunchy” sound or feeling of the remaining gas under the treated areas as it dissipates. This is neither harmful nor uncomfortable. You may also be asked to wear a compression garment during the first weeks to months of the healing process. Although you will likely see some results right away, full results from Renuvion® skin tightening may take up to 6-12 months as new collagen is formed.
As with liposuction, maintaining a healthy weight is the single most important factor to lasting post-operative results. However, one treatment of Renuvion® to the affected area(s) effectively resets the clock on aging that has occurred. No repeat series of skin tightening treatments is needed.
Pricing starts at $6000 for the first area and $1500 for each additional area. As with any procedure, accurate pricing depends on a complete, in-person consultation with your surgeon. Please call us at 914-771-7373 to schedule your complimentary consultation!
Call us today at (914) 771-7373 for a FREE Body Contouring consultation!
Our board certified plastic surgeons are happy to assist you with your specific questions and concerns.
Facilities & Hospital Affiliations
Our surgeons have hospital privileges at Montefiore Medical Center, Jacobi Medical Center, Westchester Medical Center, Montefiore New Rochelle and New York Presbyterian Lawrence Hospital. They also perform procedures in their fully accredited operating room in Harrison, NY.
Our state of the art facility is professionally designed and decorated for your comfort. We are always interested to know if there is anything we can do to enhance your experience. We appreciate your suggestions and pledge to work as a team to make your time here a rewarding experience.
- Montefiore Medical Center
- Jacobi Medical Center
- Westchester Medical Center
- Montefiore New Rochelle
- New York Presbyterian Lawrence Hospital
Accreditation and Associations
We maintain an AAAASF accredited surgical suite, equipped like a hospital operating room with the privacy and ease of an office setting, offering full general anesthesia for more complex procedures as well as sedation and local anesthesia for other procedures. We enjoy a strong relationship with some of the finest hospitals in the area, offering overnight and extended post-operative stays if medically advisable. This is ideal for our out of town patients, those with little post-operative help, or those desiring a more private recovery. We can also arrange your stay at a variety of hotels within minutes of our facility and arrange an overnight “sitter” if desired.
Schedule your Ultra Body Contouring Consultation
Please contact us with any questions or if you would like to setup a time for a one-on-one consultation with one of our surgeons.